There is no saving Charles Fuqua Manuel...Off with his head! The excruciating pain of being a Phillies fan needs some relief, if only temporary, and that relief can come from the firing of our brainy skipper. I am not blaming Manuel for the Phils woes, but some of this is his fault and he's also the quickest/easiest "fix". I'm also not suggesting to allow Jimy Williams to take over at the helm, because he is just like Charlie Manuel minus the speech impediment. Give the job to Davey Lopes, let Burrell be a player/manager, call up Jim Fergosi and see what the hell he's been up to...I don't care just get rid of Fuqua! Another manager couldn't do much worse, so trying a new one out will only lead to further suckiness or possibly winning. Wait, what was that, winning did you say? Yes, winning, you know what Jim-Me Rol-Lins (thanks Mets fans) said this club was going to do this year. By pure dumb luck a new manager could come in and turn things around just because the players get a wake-up call and a clear message has been sent- "do your f'n job!".
1. All offseason I heard Phillies "insiders" talk about the improved defense of Ryan Howard. The man looks lost on the field, committing 3 errors with plenty more questionable plays already...DH anyone?
2. ESPN is now mocking our relief pitching and calling it a "Pig Pen", hahaha, real funny there fellas. Try being original, as Skeeter has been referring to it as the Port-o-Potty, now that's humor.
3. As mentioned above, the Mets fans gave "Jim-Me Rol-Lins" an earful yesterday, and although I hate New York, that was a classic moment.
4. We had the bases loaded 3 times yesterday, twice with NO outs, and managed to score 1 pitiful run. This has been a problem for the Phils in the past, continues to be now, and will be in the future. But I thought Manuel's laid back buddy-old-pal approach was supposed to put the players at ease in those situations...go figure.
5. Cole Hamels just demanded a trade.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Black Manuel Moan
When a weathered, God-fearing blogger finds the town idiot and baseball coach severely beaten and left for dead on the side of the road, he vows to cure him of his stupidity and mistaken double-switches in:
Posted by Corey at 5:00 AM