Thursday, March 22, 2007

Carson & Wheeler - BFF

Carson used to dislike Chris Wheeler. He once wished for a tape recorder so that he could “get an official count on how many lame things Chris Wheeler said" He said that Wheeler should ride "the short bus" because he was a "silly r-tard" and once suggested that he be "banished from the booth."

Then, suddenly, the tune changed. Chris Wheeler became his favorite announcer. I quote: “I'm going to embrace my inner-Wheeler and proclaim my undying love of his commentary and unwavering loyalty to him as a top-notch announcer.”

I was confused. How could this be? I tried for weeks to figure it out, and now I have. Apparently, this offseason, Carson and Wheels had their own little Hot Stove League, as they traveled together on a cross-country vacation. And to prove it, here are their vacation photos.

They started out in New York, off-Broadway in particular, as they starred in "Grease" for a few weeks.

Then to blow off some steam, they hit Orlando to relax at Disney World and spend some quality time with Pooh-bear. You can see the two buddies chillin' at the hotel pool below.

After that, they headed back north to Chicago where they performed as a Blues Brothers cover band for a while.

A stint as effeminent magicians on the strip in Vegas followed that.

The trip ended in happy San Francisco (first pic) where the two BFFs made their friendship official.


Keep it middle-in Carson, that's where Wheels likes it...

Corey

13 comments:

Maria said...

That's pretty creepy.

Skeeter said...

There are not enough words in the English language that can say how much I enjoyed every single word and picture in this post. I obviously have never met Carson, but I loved every minute of this bashing of him.

Kudos Corey for what I consider a "top 5 WSBGMs post"

Bob D said...

Carson is it true?

Someone may have to just take Corey's computer away, I think he has gone off the deep end.

GM-Carson said...

Wow, that is just quality right there. Made me laugh, great pics! Corey and I are best friends and love having fun at each other's expense.

By the way, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! Don't tell my family...

GM-Carson said...

That bites- injury bug has bitten again, this time Matt Smith with a sore left groin, Gas-Can Geary with a left hammy, and Greg Dobbs with a bum left wrist. I hate bugs!

GM-Carson said...

I created a poll for "Biggest Dumbass of a Manager" on our other blog- More Hardball. I encourage you to go take a quick gaze at the candidates then rock the vote.

http://morehardball.blogspot.com

furiousBall said...

I'm cleaning my bagel bite that I spit all over my monitor this morning, thanks guys.

Scotty said...

I guess the Phils will have no time this season get ready for dominant pitching as I just read John Smoltz is the opening day pitcher for the Braves in Philadelphia.

In 5 starts this spring Smoltz has a 1.80 ERA and is now effectively throwing a change-up. He has been quoted as saying now he has 5 pitches he can locate and throw any time. The Phils will get their first real test right out of the shoot. You gotta love the regular season!!!!!

goDuke said...

Burrell just knocked in a run, I don't know about you, but thats enough to get me back on the bandwagon.

BloodStripes said...

LOL......hilarious Corey. Well done. Get behind the Wheel Carson. Woo!

GM-Carson said...

Smoltz-vs-Myers opening day...damn I'm excited!

BloodStripes said...

Yeah a cracking opener.

klkatz said...

I never thought I'd say this... but Wheels looks good in a bathing suit.