Thursday, March 15, 2007

Head-Hunter: Gavin Floyd

What was Pat Gillick's best offseason move? Ridding the city of Philly from the Headcase Known as Gavin Floyd. Phillies fans have known for quite some time that Gavin Floyd turned in his prospect card a long time ago, and that he is now only a pretend pitcher. Sure he can still chuck the ball towards the plate, but who the hell knows where it will go? This spring, Michael Young All-Star shortstop of the Rangers, has already fallen victim to a Floyd offering and had to have cosmetic surgery to repair his left ear...way to go Gavin! Floyd's spring thus far- 9.2 innings, 16 hits, 13 runs (9 earned), 5 walks, 8.38 ERA, and a +2 WHIP...disgusting!

The Bloodhound Gang best sums up Gavin Floyd's state as a MLB pitcher- "So throw in the towel cause your life ain't sh!t. No, take that towel and hang yourself with it. Life's short and hard like a body-building elf. So, save the planet and kill yourself. If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about. Lift your head up and blow your brains out!" *Harsh I know, but I like to keep it real.

_________________________________

Yesterday we got to watch John Kruk live out his dream by belting some high pitched lyrics while posing as an 80's metal god. Today enjoy the brutal honesty of Kruker in this Nutri-Systems commercial.



_________________________________

A wedding picture of Charlie Manuel and his wife. He's kind of like Han Solo because he's always stroking his wookie.

~Carson

20 comments:

BloodStripes said...

Krukker will always be disgusting. Thats why he is one of our favorite Phillies. A bloody champion in my book. A '93 NL Champion. Yeah!!!

GM-Carson said...

Holy crap, you (BloodStripes) posted a comment before I was even done with the post. When I take a video from YouTube it posts directly to our blog, and then we can modify it.

Kruk is freakin' awesome. He'll always be one of my favorites. Too bad his health didn't hold up for a few more seasons.

BloodStripes said...

A few more seasons would have been great but what we got from the man was still awesome. I have a signed copy of his book. My only Phillie autogragh.

It's alot of fun sitting on the other side of the world watching the site grow with every refresh. (Taking hits from the blog). For a few minutes the only thing up was the Kruk video. So I posted my comment, went back and there was Floyd. (Aaaarrrrggghhhh) I hit the roof with fright but was instantly releived to see him in a white sox uni. (Top move Pat G). He's suckin' real bad huh? Poor kid. Oh well, the money is still good. He'll get over it.

BloodStripes said...

I don't ever wanna see another pic of Floyd in Phillie uniform.

furiousBall said...

I did hear that Floyd was kind enough to offer to plug Michael young in the other ear if he switch hit so that he could have a match.

BloodStripes said...

LOL. What a good lad.

GM-Carson said...

Notice- the WSBGM's Phantasy League draft has been moved to this Sunday March 18th at 10 am. Should prove to be fun after everyone is recovering from their St. Patty's Day hangovers.

Skeeter said...

Words cannot describe my hatred for floyd.

And I got your email this morning Carson...about the draft time and date. And yes, the first thing I thought was "fuck." the sunday morning after st pattys...I'll probably still be drunk and draft floyd first

GM-Carson said...

This Phantasy league is going to be fun. We'll give weekly updates and honor the good (me of course) and dis on the bad (all of the rest of ya). Gavin Floyd is my sleeper pick in the 17th round.

michael said...

i'm syked for the draft. i'm ridin my team till their arms fall off....ew, wait what?

GM-Carson said...

Michael just pulled a David Bell on us and said he wants to "ride" his team...way to go H-Mo!

michael said...

haha. damn you double entendres!

GM-Carson said...

Michael- as you know anybody at anytime is fair game on this blog...including myself. Hell, Skeeter called me an asshole the other day, and I thought it was hilarious!

michael said...

haha i know. believe me shit dick i'll save calling you an asshole when it warrents it.

Maryland Orioles' Fan said...

I like Kruk, but my ex called him a tick... lol

McD said...

Thank God Gavin Floyd is gone! The Phillies got rid of their homegrown garbage for once!

Los said...

Good thing we held on to that "blue-chipper" Gavin Floyd a few years ago, when he had value ... thanks again, Ed Wade.

das411 said...

Does Floyd make anybody else yearn for the days of Brandon Duckworth, or even Mike Grace and Tyler Green?

michael said...

only the duck pond, not actually duckworth.

GM-Carson said...

I miss Robert Person