Saturday, February 17, 2007

Appetite For Destruction

Welcome to the jungle, We got fun 'n' games, We got everything you want, Honey we know the names, We are the people that can find, Whatever you may need, If you got the money honey, We got your disease. In the jungle, Welcome to the jungle, Watch it bring you to your shun n,n,n,n,n knees, knees. I wanna watch you bleed!

Our buddy Pat Burrell has decided to settle down, or so he tells the media. Yep, the pimp, the playa, the icon has decided womanizing and partying to the wee hours of the morning aren't for him anymore and supposedly has become engaged. He went from the Paradise City "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty...take me home!" Axl Rose to the November Rain "So if you want to love me, then darlin' don't refrain, Or I'll just end up walkin',In the cold November rain." Axl Rose. Welcome to the ball-and-chain Pat, it's not all that bad actually.

_________________________________

Earlier in the week I paid a well-deserved homage to Steve Jeltz. Well, I believe John Kruk deserves one too. Therefore, I will be doing random- "What the Kruk?" moments here on WSBGM's that are nothing more than a candid picture of our beer-guzzlin', mulleted, bearded, gut thumpin' hero.

"What the Kruk?" Moment I

Krukker may only have one nut, but that nut is...

_________________________________

The WSBGM's Phantasy League is officially under way with 16 participants. I know I've changed my name more than Prince or have more alias than Jennifer Garner, but I'm adding another feather to my hat- Commissioner Carson, which is just another in the long list I've had on here in less than a year's span (GM-Carson, Oracle Carson, Drama Queen, and just Carson).

By the way, Corey is part German, so that GM logo is in honor of his heritage.

~Carson

22 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Philadelphia had the second-lowest total of sacrifice bunts in the National League in 2006, just ahead of the Cubs, and had the NL's lowest batting average at .092. Better efficiency would lead to more scoring opportunities and potentially allow the starters to remain in the game longer.

I know a pitchers job is to pitch, but bunting is crucial and an overall batting average of .150 shouldn't be out of the question.

chuckm said...

Agreed. All pitchers should know how to bunt. It seemed like the only guy on the Phillies that was able to lay a decent sac down was the late Cory Lidle

Mike said...

Hey Carson... don't know if you caught the blurb in the Daily News, but the Model Dictator is looking "very sharp" in camp. No surprise to us loyal subjects, eh?

chuckm said...

Whenever C&C sets up WSBGM day at CBP (hint, hint) we should all sport fatigues and blond wigs and go as the Model Dictators Phan group. I am all for the youth movement in the Phillies pen and I do not want to hear of any "hes a veteran, give him time to work it through" garbage if Alfonseca sux.

Corey said...

we did a WSBGM's day at the park last year. See here. Of course, it was only us two. Hopefully this year we can gather a crew for a few trips to the Cit.

GM-Carson said...

WSBGM's day at the Cit sounds excellent. This year we'll plan it well in advanced so that as many readers can come as possible and partake in the fellowship of phandom.

BenJah said...

its bullshit for pitchers not to be expert bunters! i understand if they can't hit so well in general, but bunting is a must. with charlie at the helm though, the concept of sac bunting maybe too complicated.

if you wanna party i'm going to opening day Apr 2!

i dont have the time for a phantasy league, but i would like to see the draft results and maybe updates on the standings from time to time. will you be including those on this blog?

Skeeter said...

Count me in for WSBGMs day at CBP. I'll bring the boys from DTDC

GM-Carson said...

Single game tickets go on sale this Wednesday and I'm trying to land one for myself. If I get a ticket Benjah, we're meeting up.

And yes, I plan on giving a weekly update on the WSBGM's Phantasy League, so even if you didn't want to read about it you would.

GM-Carson said...

Just like the real commissioner of baseball screws up, I too screwed up. I got an email from many of you telling me that you tried to join and couldn't. That's because I'm a dumbass. I believe I fixed the situation and all should be good in the hood now. Please check your inboxes and register as soon as possible so I know I didn't screw up yet again.

GM-Carson said...

Man I missed the boat with the heading of this piece "Appetite for Destruction"...I should have made mention of Lieber somewhere in there. Oh well, here's to you donut-boy!!!

Muller said...

Hahahaha...
"What the Kruk?" I love it.

michael said...

got the email carson and am all signed up. thanks. can't wait for draft day.

Los said...

I predict this engagement will either not lead to marriage, OR it will end up being a very short marriage ... As with the Phillies, Burrell will end up striking out on this one (probably looking).

icarus236 said...

If by marriage Burrell means one night stand then I could see him settling down.

GM-Carson said...

As per usual, thank you Los for coming and taking a verbal uppercut at Burrell.

Maria said...

I can't wait for opening day.

And I don't think Charlie even knows what a bunt is.

GM-Carson said...

The link to the WSBGM's Phantasy League, just in case anyone was interested- http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/wsbgmsphantasyleague

Corey said...

"Yep, the pimp, the playa, the icon has decided womanizing and partying to the wee hours of the morning aren't for him anymore and supposedly has become engaged."

how do make the connection between getting engaged and choosing against womanizing and partying? he is after all, still a professional athlete. i don't think the two are even remotely related...

i used the link to get the league ID number, now i'm signed up, which means it is all over for the rest of you chumps...

BloodStripes said...

Signed up and ready to go for the Phantasy league. Even though I hardly have a clue.

Bloody good live draft time. 2:00am sunday mornig for me. Well done commish. Love your work.

No fear. I'll be up. Look out you lot.

GM-Carson said...

13 of the 16 teams registered thus far for the Phantasy league.

By the way, the draft date and time may change as we have to work it around Corey's residency...damn doctors!

Maria said...

I signed up already.