Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Random Conversation

Today I had my 1-month check-up for my broken wrist that I suffered back in November. It has healed nicely and doesn't need physical therapy or surgery...thank goodness. Usually when I go out I'm wearing a hat from my assortment of Phillies caps, or my Bucknell hat. However, today I decided to wear my old school Milwaukee Brewers hat. The x-ray technician, in her late 40's/early 50's, noticed it and said "Wow, an old school Brewers hat, that brings back memories." I explained to her that is the only reason I'm wearing it, because they were in the AL at this time, and I informed her I was a huge Phillies fan. She went on to tell me that her husband's favorite player was Paul Molitor, so he grew up liking the Brew Crew and has ever since, but she said she loves the Phillies. We then got into a conversation about what to expect from this season's Phils. We each came to the same conclusion- improved rotation, pieced together bullpen, and the need for Pat Burrell to produce better in "clutch" situations. Seems like no matter where I go or what I'm doing a conversation about the Phillies is always brewing. At the end of the chat I told her that I actually can't stand Paul Molitor because of the rampage he went on against the Phils in the '93 series while he was with Toronto (12-24/.500 average, with a 1.571 OPS...that's just ridiculous).

Then on the way home I passed a car with a license plate from Nova Scotia. What the hell is in Nova Scotia anyway? Possibly Manuel's brain, Nunez's bat, or David Bell's manhood.

~Carson

11 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Dammit, I'm still mad about about Paul Molitor. Those World Series stats were just crazy. Why the hell couldn't we stop him?!

Pete said...

If it makes you feel any better, he went 2-7 with 2 singles and 1 RBI against Schilling. He did smack the crap out of Danny Jackson and Tommy Greene though.

GM-Carson said...

Hmmm...nope didn't make me feel better, but thanks for trying.

Bob D said...

Does it make you feel better that the Phils could pull off 7 World Championships in a row with Utley signed thru 2011?

That will bring in the bling and the ring

Los said...

LOVE the Brew Crew hat!!!! It certainly is a lot better than the old brown Padres hats.

GM-Carson said...

Los- I got love for the old school Padres cap too.

Bob D- might want to check your math, because I believe Utley is signed through 2013, but I got the idea.

das411 said...

The reason we couldn't stop Molitor was cause that Jays lineup went Rickey, Alomar, Molitor, Carter, Olerud, and Devon White...those dudes were STACKED!! As evil as they are you hafta respect a team that talented, just like the Braves back when they were winning (ohhh it feels so good to say that!!)

BloodStripes said...

I have an old school Brew cap too. A classic emblem. For a baseball cap collection its a must.

Talk about a Phillie killer. Molitor really did the job on us in '93. Man he was clutch. Bastard!!!

GM-Carson said...

Some day I would like to own a baseball cap for every MLB team. Yes, even the hated Yankees...didn't say I would wear it.

furiousBall said...

I'm actually planning on driving up to Nova Scotia this summer with my son to meet my parents during their sailing trip up there. I'll report back what they got...hopefully it's awesome.

GM-Carson said...

Well, Halifax is there and I have heard it's beautiful in the summer.