Thursday, January 18, 2007

Collector Items

This is my next car...seriously. I currently drive a Saturn Ion and it's nice and all, but it doesn't have jack on this beauty. Imagine cruising down the highway in this fine looking automobile...you'd be sure to turn heads. Looks nice and roomy too, good family car in my opinion, probably gets great gas mileage too. Hey Hun, I'm going to drop $40,000 on some Phillies memorabilia, ok?

This collection of shot glasses could do more than just gather dust on a shelf, they could be put to good use. Imagine the possibilities for drinking games. Example- every time Wheeler says "he's looking for a pitch middle-in", you down a shot of some throat-burning liquor. Or you could just drown your misery of the Phils losing yet again away by hammering down 4 straight shots...goodbye esophagus.

Nesting dolls of Phillies players are a bit freaky. Why on God's green earth would you possibly want to see Jim Thome give birth to Pat Burrell who subsequently poops out Bobby Abreu who then in turn spills out Mike Lieberthal? Snuff films aren't even that demented!

I'm not a gansta, so I personally don't find the appeal of this hat, nor do I like the straight bill look. I know my boy Corey rocks the argyle socks, but I doubt even he would dare to wear this unsightly cap.

Yesterday, I ran a poll asking which 2 players would you choose for bench spots from a list of Chris Roberson, Karim Garcia, Randal Simon, Danny Sandoval, and Greg Dobbs...and nary a vote for the zero-ability butt-jester Danny Sandoval. I ask the City of Brotherly Love, where is the love?

~Carson

19 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Someone voted for Danny Sandoval to get a bench spot...most likely a joke.

dane said...

you will have to bid against me for that car.

GM-Carson said...

Dane- let's buy that beast of a car together, we'll work out a schedule for cruising.

furiousBall said...

I think that hat just hissed at me. My pride and joy is the autographed picture of the original Phillie Phanatic...which in retrospect is pretty lame. Actually, I'll go with the picture of me and my sister posing with Juan Samuel at picture day with a young Larry Anderson giving Sammy the bunny ears.

michael said...

taken from philliesnation.com

Best Reason To Go To The Flyers Game Tonight....Is not to actually attend. Why drop 80 dollars to watch a team that those kids from the "Mighty Ducks" could beat when you can get your swerve on in South Philly.

At the MacFadden's Ballpark prior to game time your before the Flyers get dished out another loss, the Fightin' Phils are serving YOU up before the game. The festivities begin at 5 PM and wrap up around 6:30. Phils scheduled to celebrity bartend are : Chris Coste, Wes Helms, Aaron Rowand, Matt Smith and Shane Victorino.

If booze and hot girls are involved there may be a Pat Burrell sighting as well.

If your dying for a glimpse of Phillies baseball and can't wait the 28 days until Spring Training this night is for you.

GM-Carson said...

If I lived in Philly, I'd be there getting some food and booze and taking in the scenery.

chuckm said...

A Wheeler drinking game would have my liver kicked. I will stick with playing Wheeler Bingo.

Skeeter said...

The best Phillies memorabilia would be Burrell's personal phone book. Its got to be flooded with ladies.

GM-Carson said...

What a crappy day I just had at work. I could use a set of those shot glasses right about now.

Skeeter said...

drive to Philly and we'll pound some Jack.

Los said...

Do a shot every time:

1. Bret Myers hits his wife.
2. Pat Burrell strikes out
3. Every time Wheel's toupee levitates
4. Everytime Charlie Manuel looks confused (better call ahead to the emergency room).
5. Every time Rowand crashes into a fence.

GM-Carson said...

Los- I like your idea of drinking to every time the camera pans out to Manuel looking like a complete dumbass...I'd be drunk in the 1st inning.

Skeeter- I'm a wuss, Jack makes me gag bro.

Maria said...

I love that hat! I'll just never be caught dead wearing it.

chuckm said...

Gillick was on Jody Macs show today and it seems like Coste may end up getting the royal screw job. Rod Barajas better have thick skin as if Coste isnt on the squad come April, Barajas will be booed the first time he steps to the plate in Philly.

BenJah said...

wow, i wish i lived closer to philly to go down and meet those guys.

that line about the nesting dolls was great!

Bob D said...

Gillick also said that the team as it is now maybe the one entering spring training. However, A trade during spring is highly likely. Castro is more likely to be in the pen next season as well. He may not get the chance as starter just yet.

Speaking of memorialbilia I have a Phillies airplane if anyone needs a lift, it's the same scale as that car Dane and Carson want to drive in.

GM-Carson said...

From what I've read and seen of Fabio Castro, he's most likely best suited for the bullpen anyway. He's probably ready to contribute at the MLB level now in a relief role. My philosophy, is use what you got.

If Chris Coste is not on the Phils bench next season, then the world is simply unjust.

BloodStripes said...

Great post GM!

Maryland Orioles' Fan said...

nice little collectibles -- I'm liking the hat too...

Like Maria, I don't know if I'd wear it, as simple works best with baseball gear

- Anthony, the Oriole Post