Sunday, December 03, 2006

Something Brewing

Pat Gillick and Dave Littlefield better have something brewing at the Winter Meetings because fans are getting restless, I've heard rumors of a Keystone riot. Sure Gillick a made a few moves (Moyer, Helms, and Eaton) but the Phils fans want more, namely bullpen help. Littlefield has done done little thus far. The only "move" he made was not retaining Jeromy Burnitz, something he had to think long and hard about because of Burnitz's cheap 6 million dollar option...he is a superstar after all! By the way I hope you enjoy the retro Buccos cap and the Hebrew Phils hat, I need me one of them.

What's brewing for the Phils at the Winter Meetings? Sit back with a nice frosty mug of Yuengling and I'll let you know what's on tap. Well, Gillick claims he is still willing to move pimp daddy Pat Burrell in the right situation. The "right situation" in my mind would be getting equal value back, and I find that difficult to do. Patty G also is searching for relief help...I'm willing to dust off my arm. David Weathers wasn't offered arbitration by the Reds, so I could see a deal for him shortly and Joe Borowski is still a possibility. Personally I'd love to see Sparky Lyle brought out of retirement to be our situational lefty and Danny Cox to be the set-up man, just because I want to hear Wheeler say "cocks". Speaking of retired ex-Phillies, Benito Santiago has reportedly juiced himself back up for another go around behind the dish and Gillick has stated he wants another catcher...I smell comeback. Other possible moves include finding a schmuck GM to take the headcase known as Gavin Floyd and possibly dealing Aaron Rowand, he of eating outfield fence fame.

Pirates fans you're going to need a Iron City brew to endure what Littlefield is prepared to do at the Winter Meetings...nothing. Littlefield has re-upped Marte to a 2 year extension, which is ok, but the offense is still lacking. He wants a powerful 1st baseman, which means his dumbass will probably sign Matt Stairs or Darrin Erstad (neither powerful) instead of going with Brad Eldred. The starting pitching is pretty well set, but rumors are the Suppan and Ohka are both being looked at by the Buccos because they want a right-handed veteran to guide the young staff of lefties. Just take Bob Walk out of the booth, I'm sure he can still chuck it up there at 75-80 mph...that's all Oliver Perez was hitting on the gun last spring. Bottom line, Littlefield doesn't have much money to spend and improvements to this club via free agency are slim. Therefore he may shock some people and deal away some of the coveted lefties from the system for some offensive pop and/or somebody who can actually take a base on balls.
___________________________________

This is a picture of the honorary GM Bloodstripes and his daughter. He hails from Australia and has built himself a Phillies sanctuary/shrine where he listens to the games and blogs at WSBGM's. I told him I wouldn't make fun of him too much, but seriously, doesn't he look like that no-talent ass-clown Danny Sandoval?

~Carson

P.S. I invite any of our readers to send us a pic of yourself in Phils/Pirates gear. Just click on our profile and email it to us.

23 comments:

GM-Carson said...

this sucks, now we know bloodstripes looks like sandoval, it ruins my mental image of the typical aussie, which is something like this:

http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_36/hair_twh_36_02.jpg

corey

GM-Carson said...

shit, i think the link got cut off, oh well, i'll mix the pic in a future blog...

Los said...

I don't think I fit into my 1993 Phillies National League Champions shirt anymore ...

skeeter said...

HA. Australia and the people who hail from there rock. Especially if they worship phillies red. And I would rather bloodstripes look like Sandoval than David Bell.

If I remember correctly, all Gillick came away with last winter meetings was Chris Booker. I pray this time is very different.

BloodStripes said...

I thought I might ruin the macho mystic. Maybe I should have put my 6 foot 6 cousin in the photo and said it was me, 'cause he looks alot like Lenny "The Dude" Dykstra. The Dude rocks.

Man, i shoulda shaved. Sandoval? I thought I was more the Michael Jackson version of Jimmy Rollins. Oh well, no worries. I'll just be Sandovals number 1 phan from now on. He is no ass-clown! In 2005 he won a batting title in the International league and led all SS in fielding. he's gonna catch fire this year. Ha!

BloodStripes said...

I would like to see Gillick cut a deal for one of those relievers we need before there are none to be had. Good players are a bit thin on the ground right now. Maybe Sandoval could be used as tade bait. Reports are he is all class with a capital C!

BloodStripes said...

Oh yeah, dig the Pirates pill box cap. Always reminds me of their glory days. Suppan to Pittsburgh would be great to see. I hope they can improve somewhat this year.

Iron City brew! Yeah, sounds tough. I'll add it to the list of brews I gotta taste when I get there.

BloodStripes said...

The permanent link has your full link Corey. That photo is one wise old Aboriginal man. A true blue Aussie, original inhabitant of the world.

GM-Carson said...

Bloodstripes=- you keep telling yourself whatever you need to so that it makes you feel better, but you do indeed appear to be that no-talent ass-clown's (Danny Sandoval) brother.

I don't know if they still make Iron City beer, but I have a 1980 Pittsburgh Steelers Superbowl Champions can in my basement.

By the way, when I found that "Hebrew" Phils hat, I didn't really notice that it fit in perfectly with the "brew" concept I was doing today.

~Carson

GM-Carson said...

iron city beer is definitely still full effect. pittsburgh brewing company, the maker of iron city and IC light, are in fact the originators of the aluminum bottle. they did not patent it, though, so budweiser uses the technology for free. the brewery could use the money, because while the beer is still in production, the company recently filed for bankruptcy.

GM-Carson said...

Corey- your knowledge of beer astounds me...brilliant!

BloodStripes said...

Your a regular walking, talking, drinking, beer encyclopedia Corey.

I still think I'm a white mans J-Roll. Only because I am the same height and weight as him. (Did I mention AC as well. All class! HA!) Looks dont matter do they?

Anyway, my wife reckons old Danny boy is handsome. I checked with a couple of her girlfriends that dropped in and they agreed. So Danny BloodStripes Sandoval it is then. See you out on the town with my main man Pat Burrell.

Maria said...

You kind of look like Corey Lidle.

GM-Carson said...

Bloodstripes- I'm glad I could get in your head and make you doubt your "striking good looks".

Maria- who looks like Cory Lidle?

Another Monday morning...yuck!

~Carson

GM-Carson said...

i agree with maria, bloodstipes does look like cory lidle.

corey

GM-Carson said...

Calling Lidle a "no-talent ass-clown" wouldn't be too nice now would it?

GM-Carson said...

Update- Weathers just re-signed with the Reds for estimated 2 years 5 mil. What the hell? Our bullpen is gonna suck!

The O's still want Burrell, but he refuses to drop his no-trade clause for them.

ChiSox still interested in Rowand.

Read that Zito is actually on Phils radar...my ass!

Bucco Bits- they're looking at dealing for Ryan Churn, Casey Kotchman, James Looney, and Geoff Jenkins.

Huff has also been mentioned. Littlefield would be retarded to sign Huff for the money he wants.

~Carson

furiousBall said...

I have a kickass picture of me and my little sis at Phillies picture day when I was 11, Juan Samuel has his arms around us and in the background LA is giving Juan the bunny ears. Here's a great LA story. He was a young guy back then, not well-known yet at all. No one was coming out from under the barricades to pose with him. Finally some little boy, probably about 2 heads for him, LA stops, the kid gets scared and runs back. LA gets down to his level and the kids comes back for a picture. Cool guy, Ivan DeJesus was really nice too I remembered.

GM-Carson said...

Furiousball- send us the pic!

I have a pic of me and Ricky Jordan from picture day long ago. I shoulda posed with Kruk, we were about the same size, he was just more hairy.

~Carson

GM-Carson said...

Another one bites the dust- rumor has it Joe Borowski is going to sign with the Indians (feather not dot). We're going to get stuck with another Julio Santana...yuck!

~Carson

BENTZ said...

Miguel Batista (who I still think was a huge target for them from the start) looks more likely now. Good thing about him is that he can be a respectable starter for an emergency or if someone hits the short-term DL. Still would've liked to have gotten 2 of these guys. Now not even one is a sure thing.

GM-Carson said...

I'm fine with Miguel Batista because of his versatility on the staff (starter, reliever, closer). I think he'll cost a pretty penny though.

I still can't believe Barry Zito is being mentioned in regards to the Phils, seems so far fetched.

~Carson

BloodStripes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.