Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

I came across this great article on phillies.com where they asked some of the players what their New Year's resolution will be. Here are some of the best answers:

Chris Coste - "No matter what Lucy says, I will not try to kick the football this year. That bitch gave me so many concussions...I should have been in the Big Show years ago."

Pat Burrell - "I want to reduce the number of cases of VD I contract this year by 50%. I'm not going to slow my roll, so the screening process is going to have to be a bit stiffer. Ha...I said stiffer."

Chase Utley - "I'm giving up hair gel. Multiple times last season I tried to stretch a single into a double...the helmet flies of...and BAM! I get a load of hair gel right in the eye. I was almost blinded by LA Looks! Not this year, 2007 is the Year of the Mousse for Chase Utley."

Tom Gordon - "My goal in '07 is to mix up my post-save celebration. My routine has been the same: get the last out, point to the sky. Problem is, there's no one there. No one to say, "Hey, right back at ya Gordo." This year, I'm mixing up my pointing. Sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes backwards. 2007 is going to be a crazy year for Tom "Post-game-random-pointing-to-celebrate-a-save" Gordon. My second resolution is to not blow-out my elbow, but I think the pointing takes precedence."

Fabio Castro - "¿La resolución? Diga Charlie Manuel jode lejos. Odio ese rojo-cuello estúpido. Soy el Dictador Modelo, puta. El mejor reconoce."

Jon Lieber - "I've given up Krispy Kreme donuts. From now on, its either Dunkin Donuts or straight cans of lard. Those Krispy Kremes aren't healthy..."

Geoff Geary - "There's this picture of me floating around the internet. Well, let's just say I'm giving up whatever it was that made me make that face..."

Charlie Manuel - "Hold on, let me go ask Gary Varsho..."

Happy New Year

Corey

20 comments:

BloodStripes said...

Did Fabio say Cholly is stupid? All power to the man. I hope he can rise up and rule the roost.

Have a spewy newy boys!

All the best for 2007.

BloodStripes said...

.......and thanks for a good year of laughs. Look forward to many more.

skeeter said...

Hilarious. Geary statement made me laugh out loud.

Anyone else a little nervous about howard firing his agent?

Boras?...god i hope not

GM-Carson said...

Happy feckin New Year to all. I truly hope this coming year is the best year ever for the Phillies and all the visitors on here, myself included.

I like Manuel's resolution- it should include "I resolve to get that missing chromosome found".

~Carson

das411 said...

Hah Geary has yet to realize that he will never escape that picture ever ever.

Happy early new years to everybody! Won't be able to post much tomorrow cause I'll be at the EAGLES game...look for the dude in the McNabb jersey, ya won't be able to miss me!

...and can I predict a 60-inning scoreless streak from the Model Dictator?

BloodStripes said...

Haha, Along with 60 Howard homers, there would be nothing better Das.

GM-Carson said...

New Year's Eve is a great time- just don't get too drunk.

By the way Bloodstripes- I've recently come across an insect in my basement that's called a cave/spider/camel cricket and Wikipedia said they're originally from Australia/New Zealand...do you know what I'm talking about? They're scary boogers!

~Carson

BloodStripes said...

Not sure mate, but if it's a cricket it would look something like a grasshopper. Cricket is also a good game. I'm sure you baseball lovers would appreciate it. The highest level is to play for your country. Australia is kicking Englands arse 4-0 so far in a 5 test series. Awesome.

Anyway, the new year is 30 minutes old as i say gidday. My ass is a bit lit. Ha! So happy new year one and all!

More info on your basemant critter will help me some. How many legs and stuff? Even better......a photo and post.

:]

BloodStripes said...

Fightin' Phils for '07 Champions!

michael said...

new year is 30 mins old? and its also summer there as well.. you aussie's are silly.

GM-Carson said...

The time and climate difference between Australia and America amazes me. It really is a great big world.

skeeter said...

australia is so freakin awesome

Bob D said...

Blood stripes, do you have room for the Phils to train during the winter since its summer there? And how about a dozen or so WSBGM fans to root them on. By the way we have a few Aussies in the minors.

GM-Carson said...

Just read a strange rumor that the Phils may be interested in 43 year old lefty starter David "Boomer" Wells...not even sure why...makes no sense.

~Carson

Maria said...

Seems Ryan Howard has fired his agent and rumor has it that he wants a larger long term deal.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16355530.htm?source=rss&channel=inquirer_sports

das411 said...

Alright, FINALLY happy new year to the rest of the world!!

GM-Carson said...

Happy New Year! It's going to be an awesome year, I know it.

~Carson

goDuke said...

Nice work on the Burrell and Lieber stuff. Great!

TrekMedic251 said...

How's Good-Time Charlie going to ask Varsho anymore?

Just wondering,...

Anonymous said...

imagine just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
I do not even know the way I stopped up here, however I thought this put up was [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-carreaux-c-11.html]Sac Longchamp Pliage Carreaux[/url] great. Sac Longchamp Pliage Arbre [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-toureiffel-c-17.html]Sac Longchamp Pliage Tour-Eiffel[/url] , I do not understand who you might be but certainly you're going to a famous blogger when you are not already ;) Cheers!
Heya i am for [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/jeremy-scott-pour-longchamp-c-1.html]Jeremy Scott Pour Longchamp[/url] the first time here. Sac Longchamp Pliage Tour-Eiffel [url=http://www.pascherlongchampsac.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-statue-de-l-c-16.html]Sac Longchamp Pliage Statue[/url] , I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide something back and help others such as you aided me.