Friday, December 08, 2006

Best Song Parody

The players got an award (Sal Fasano for Best Play.) The announcers got an award (Wheels for Best Call.) Now we, the "writers" of WSBGM'S get an award: Best Song Parody.

1) My version of Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville , Model Dictator-ville, dedicated to the legend himself, Fabio Castro. You can sing along here.
2) The one that started it all, our ode to Rickey Bottalico and the crappy bullpen.
3) A late addition to contest, Carson's ode to the wild ways of the Phillies, Phight For Your Right, to the tune of that classic Beastie Boys joint. Scroll down a few posts to read the whole thing and enjoy the "Geary Face."

Break out your white spandex jumpsuit, grab a crystal-studded microphone, maybe kiss a guy or two...because it's time to pretend you're Freddie Mercury and sing the epic tale of managerial retardedness...Bohemian Manuel.

Mama,just lost the game,
Put Franklin in to throw,
First pitch and "Back she goes",
Mama, season has just begun,
But now I've gone and put us 4 games back-
Mama, ooo,Didn't mean to make us lose-
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,cuz you'll have better skipper-

Too late,my time has come,
Gillick's breathing down my spine-
Fans complaining all the time,
Goodbye everybody-I've got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the media-
Mama, ooo- I don't want to get fired,
I sometimes wish I'd never been hired at all-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche it's the ghost of Padilla-
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
SalFasano, SalFasano,
SalFasano SalFasano
SalFasano figaro-a-fu-manchu-
But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me-
He's just a poor boy from West Virginia-
Spare him his job from this monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-
Gillick-a! no-,we will not let you go-let him go-
Gillick-a! we will not let you go-let him go
Gillick-a! we will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
Montgomery, has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye-
So you think you can love me and leave me to die-
Oh baby-can't jump off the bandwagon baby-
Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta town-

Nothing really makes sense,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really makes sense-,nothing really makes sense to me,

Any way the wind blows out of the Cit....



GM-Carson said...

Fan-f'n-tastic! Bohemian Manuel needs to be sang for real. I think Corey and I should record these parodies into real tracks and have them available for play on WSBGM's...just a thought.


next remix- "take a hit from the blog" with rich dubee baby!

GM-Carson said...

by the way, here is a link to the hot elizabeth shue i picture in my mind-

skeeter said...

i adore that geary face

BloodStripes said...

LOL. Great job with the song. Very clever indeed. Well done.

Good Shooey pose too.

das411 said...

Dammit you guys just aren't as funny on a night when our Lady Lions get eliminated from the NCAA tournament.

Time to go pick a fight with some statheads.

And Elisabeth Shue is 21 years older than I am. Not cool. Even less cool than this:

GM-Carson said...

corey made a myspace for the band we were both in...i wonder if it's still up?

GM-Carson said...

That ugly Steve Finley rumor has resurfaced. He's old (will be 42) and can't really hit anymore, but I guess because he's a lefty and plays outfield we're interested. I'd rather have Finley than Roberson, so as long as it's a 1 year deal for about 1.5-2 mil, I guess it's alright. He does have a 0.00 era in 1 inning pitched too for added bonus, as we are looking for relief help. he is a damn fine fielder too, even at his elderly age.


TrekMedic251 said...


GM-Carson said...

"ROFLMAO"- I guess it's too much to type rolling on floor laughing my ass off...there I did it, and I didn't even pull a muscle.

No much cooking on the hot stove this weekend, as baseball takes a back seat to football. Don't worry, more rumors will start resurfacing come Monday.


BenJah said...

after all these posts, still have the wow effect!

i know this is old, but i'm dissapointed we lost wolf. we have so many unknowns in the rotation; we should have resigned wolf and still traded for garcia. lieber can still go.

Los said...

Queen and Uncle Charlie together???? This would be like having Aerosmith, N-Stynk, and Brittany Spears on the stage toge... Wait, that happend, ugh!

The Rev said...

Just stopping by to say hi.

I, for one, am extremely happy about the Garcia trade. Get something for Lieber now, get someone who can hit a little bit behind Howard, and the Phils will be in decent shape.

furiousBall said...

the only good part of Los bringing up that Super Bowl performance was that was Brittney pre-K-Fed crotch shot venge shot

GM-Carson said...

celeb hottie crotch shots...nice!