Wednesday, September 20, 2006

We Are Family

Sister Sledge put it best, "We are family, much love between Pittsburgh and Philly". Ok, I took a bit of liberty with the lyrics, but you get the point. These might not be the Willie Stargell and Roberto Clemente Pirates, but they are playing very well lately. The Buccos are also sending love the Phillies way...thanks for slugging the crap outta the Dodgers last night. Can ya give us two more in a row? The Phillies need the Pirates right now. If the Phils would have seized the opportunity earlier in the season, it wouldn't come down to needing the help of another team. But such is baseball, and no better to help us than our STATE buddies. Ronny Paulino has quickly become my favorite catcher and he, Bay, Castillo, Duffy, Nady, Wilson, and Sanchez might just score enough runs in the next 2 game to give the Phillies what they need...of course the Phils need to win themselves.


Bodacious Buckets of Bliss:
*Dellucci- thank you for fulfilling my prophecy. Over on BeerLeaguer I predicted you would come up big before the game started...that double to start the scoring helped. Oracle Drama Queen back in session, fees are $29.99 plus tax.
*Moyer- you're old, you're pitches are slow, you're my hero!
*Gordon- thanks for coming back and nailing down the games here in September...we missed you Flash!
*Rollins- where the heck did all this power come from?
*Nunez- I hate your bat, but I do love your glove.
*Pirates- you're my 2nd favorite team, and I'm hoping you win more than ever. Keep playing for pride and finish the season on a positive note.
*Geary- you of "Gas Can" fame are a staff savior, as you've been dependable all season.
*Marlon Anderson- go to hell! The dude has 5 homeruns for the Dodgers in 15 games since they picked him up from the (g)Nats...damn Nationals are still haunting us even though we aren't playing them anymore.

~Carson

P.S. Back by popular demand is our favorite kiddy star Winnie Cooper...oh you naughty minx! We Phillies fans need to keep fantasizing right?

20 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Some people are just retarded. An old nemisis of mine on another blog stated "Pujols is the NL MVP over Howard, because he deserves it more" and then questioned why I said "to hell with the Padres". Why the hell do you think I would say that you fricken moron?! Maybe because the Pads and Dodgers are the Phillies biggest competition in the Wild Card hunt...gosh people can be stupid!

Anyway, back to happy thoughts...oh maybe Winnie Cooper getting it on in the back of a mini-Cooper.

Matt said...

I'm not just drinking the Kool Aid, I'm drowning in it.

Los said...

Consistency - we need consistency! We really should have no problem winning today's game, BUT why do I get the "pheeling" we won't?

Crassius Maximus said...

Man, ol' Winnie C has aged WELL.

Howard gets my NL MVP vote.

Joe Girardi gets my NL Manger of the year vote. I wish that the Rangers would fire Buck Showalter and bring Girardi in. I hear that Girardi and the Marlins owner hate each other, and even if he wins the award, he'll be fired.

GM-Carson said...

Los- well if you want to get technical the Phillies are actually consistently inconsistent. That's right, they are so inconsistent that you can count on that, which means they're in fact consistent...funny how definition can play tricks.

Matt- bring on those happy feelings! By the way, where did this "Kool Aid" thing originate? I've seen it around on blogs and heard it on sports talk shows.

Crassius Maximus said...

MANAGER!!! Damnitt!!!

GM-Carson said...

Girardi has done an amazing job with the youthful Florida Rookies...I mean Marlins.

I thought that pic of Winnin Cooper would make some smile.

Eric said...

Drinking the Kool Aid is a reference to the Jonestown cult. I think the leader of the cult feared losing his followers and he had them so brainwashed that he got over 900 people to commit suicide by drinking grape kool aid with some kind of poison in it.

ps winnie cooper is ridiculously hot now, its awesome

Che said...

Can never have enough Winnie Cooper.

The Pirates are the best friend the Phillies didn't know they had. "Insane" Ian Snell said in an interview yesterday how happy he was to be keeping teams like the Dodgers out of the playoffs. Dodgers out... Phillies in!

Matt said...

Here's the link. I didn't realize it wasn't Kool Aid.

Matt said...

And I very much agree with everyone here about Winnie Cooper.

BENTZ said...

Dodgers are just as inconsistent as the Phillies. Remember they lost 8 straight at one point and 13 out of 14 right after the All-Star break. Then, they immediately followed that up by winning 11 in a row and 17 out of 18. That's ridiculous!!

But after their great win on Monday night, they put up a clunker last night against the Pirates while San Diego shrugged off the heartbreaking loss and scored 4 in the first en route to a 5-2 win. Maybe I've been wrong all along in assuming the Dodgers would pull away in the West and the Padres would be the team battling it out for the wild card with the Phillies...

GM-Carson said...

Personally I don't give a purple-nerple (titty-twister) about who wins the NL West, just as long as the Phils get the Wild Card.

And thanks Matt for the Kool-Aid info, that's what I suspected but just wanted to be correct in my thinking.

GM-Carson said...

http://scrapplelog.blogspot.com/ has a post dedicated to our blog here at WSBGM's. We're gaining power!

BENTZ said...

I agree with you, I only care that the Phils win the Wild Card and I don't care which team wins the West. However, I think LA is much more inconsistent than the Phillies. The Dodgers could win 10 of their last 11 games or lose 10. I don't think the Phillies have quite that kind of range, perhaps winning between 3 and 8 of their last 11. San Diego has the game in hand and I think the Padres (though perhaps the least talented of the 3) are yet the most consistent. San Diego could win anywhere from 5 to 9 of their last 12.

GM-Carson said...

Bentz- nice analysis of the playoff picture, and I must say that I agree with you.

The Phils offense better knock the shit out of the no-talent ass-clown that is pitching tonight for the Cubs.

BENTZ said...

Unfortunately those are the types of pitchers the Phillies struggle with historically...I feel good about their chances tonight though going into an important off-day (Last one of those for the season) and the final three (including one game with Houston) series of the year...

GM-Carson said...

One of the best things about Phillies blogs...they give me something to do during and between game time. I'm dying for the start of tonight's game...I'm so excited, and I just can't hide, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

Maria said...

Jamie was a huge pickup for the Phillies, imagine if we still had Scott Mathieson in the rotation. Let's pray the Phillies take advantage of these last few games & can finally make the playoffs.

Off topic but did anyone else watch Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith last night? Pete Rose was on, what are your thoughts about him in the HOF.

GM-Carson said...

Well- Quite Frankly Maria, Pete Rose is a Hall of Famer. Yes he bet on baseball, but he goes in the Hall. Same goes for Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds (as we pretty much know they did steroids), but their #'s are undeniable.