Thursday, September 21, 2006

Down to Bo Derek


The fantasizing has been working recently, so staying in that mode I present Bo Derek of "10" fame. And 10 is the number of games left in the season for our Phils. Last night was a perfect night as Brett Myers pitched a gem and the Phils won. Oh, the ecstasy doesn't stop there my friends...our buddies the Pirates beat the Dodgers and for good measure the Diamondbacks took one from the Padres. That leaves the Dodgers and Phils tied up for the NL Wild Card, with the Pads not far ahead. Hey Buccos- keep swashbuckling your way through the NL West please!

Obsession- this was born into us. From the time of inception Corey & Carson were Phillies fans. We had no choice in this matter, and I'm ok with the way it's turned out. During our toddlers years (early 80's) the Phils were in the forefront of the National League. As we grew up we rooted for our Phils without much success until that magical season of '93 (the year we turned 13). It's now 13 years later and I have a funny feeling some playoff merriment may be coming our way once again. This season had a downtrodden start, as I played hooky from work and went to Corey's house to eat and watch baseball all day long, but the Phils lost. Saturday we're going to the game against the Marlins with playoff implications in the atmosphere, doesn't get much better than that! This isn't just fun for us, it's what we love. Baseball is great, but the Phillies are the best. That's why we do this blog. It's an obsession! I'm sure there are others reading this right now and nodding their heads...Viva La Phillies!

~Carson

In honor of our free swinging pinch-hitting extraordinaire Randal Simon who was rescued from the Mexican League's Tijuana Dirty 'stutes: "I used to know a girl...She had two pierced nipples and a black tattoo. We'd drink that Mexican beer. We'd live on Mexican food. Yes, I wish I could go back. Yes, back in time!" (Everclear-Heroin Girl)

18 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Nice off day today. Perfect time for the Phillies and their fans to gear up for the stretch run. We're taking this thing!

Los said...

5 out of their last 6 - that's what I'm talkin' about!

BenJah said...

i don't care if bo is 900 yrs old, i'd still put my louiville slugger in her davidbell any day! good luck at the game guys, don't let those marlins play spoiler!

Che said...

How about a Bucco sweep of the Dodgers to put the Phillies in the lead without having to win a game?

Sounds good to me.

TrekMedic251 said...

Hey, guys,..updating the (new) blogroll. Got you on board!

GM-Carson said...

Che- the Buccos are our best friends right now!

Lake Fred said...

Hey DQ! Normally I don't stray to much from familiar blog sites like Jason's, but I had some idle time and moved over to your site. Then I clicked on a number of your Phillies links to check out others. Some of those sites are hard to read, downright hard on the eyes. Now hitting the reverse icon back to your site provided some soothing to the eyes visions along with good text. Good job. Go Phils (and for this week, Buccos)!

GM-Carson said...

Lake Fred- you're always welcome here buddy...and thanks for the compliment about our blog.

It may only be an off day, but I'm still excited about today. Buccos are going to give us the Wild Card lead...IDLEWILD!

Armando said...

Nice work fellas. Saw your comment on my blog (Greenbleeder), and thought I'd come check out your's. I'm glad someone is talking about the phillies.....we've pretty much banned it for the rest of the season, although we've all been dying to talk about the man of hour, Ryan Howard.

Anyways, keep up the good work, i'll be reading

GM-Carson said...

welcome to the fold Armando. May we refer to you as "Benitez"?

Maria said...

The Pirates are great but the Phillies are better. The day off seems to fall on a perfect day. One last day of rest before they gear up for the stretch run.

S. Boehler said...

Let's go Phils! The Pirates are definitely our friends. I am hoping for a Dodgers win and a Padres loss tonight. Then we have a game in hand with the Dodgers, and they have to go through a tough SF series. WE JUST HAVE TO WIN THIS!

GM-Carson said...

Oh, destiny is awaits us my friends...and I can smell it. It's a mixture of sweat, pinetar, rosin, chalk/lime, leather, and cool autumn air in October!

GM-Carson said...

Off night made for a pretty silent board. Hopefully things pick back up with some action coming your way on this playoff laden weekend!

GM-Carson said...

upon further inspection of picture...cameltoe?

BloodStripes said...

Yes mate I'm nodding. Nice to see you really believing DQ. Are you feeling alright? Haha, just kidding. The Phils have sent us on a good ride this season. They have been as good as any team since the trade deadline. We have a good team. Get this wildcard and anything could happen.

To me winning the WC is more like "when" rather than "if". I hope I'm right.

If '93 was the "enchanted season", whats this one gonna be called?

Go you Phillies!!!

GM-Carson said...

Quite honestly, if the Phils do get this Wild Card they may ride the momentum straight to the World Series, as they are playing well since the All-Star break. '93 was "enchanted", '06 is "virtigo".

BloodStripes said...

The Vertigo season. I like it. I knew you would come up with a good one.