Thursday, August 03, 2006

Where is the love?


The love is right here my friend(s)! On this, my 4th anniversary, I will focus on the positives of the Phillies season, as there is some things to love.

Lovey Dovey:

*Chase Utley- I love the way he plays the game. I can almost feel his desire to win through the television! To top it off, he's in the midst of a 34 game hitting streak.

*Ryan Howard- He's every bit the slugger I'd hope he'd be. No sophomore slump here, just a mammoth crusher, like Big Pun.

*Chris Coste- This 33 year-old rookie's campaign has turned out to be much more than a feel good story, as he is absolutely hitting with authority.

*Brett Myers- May have surrendered 6 runs last night, but he is the staff ace, and should be counted on as so next season.

*New Faces- I for one am excited about some new players getting opportunities in Philly, and hope the trend continues through the rest of the season.

*Phillies Phans- Although as a collective group we seem to never agree on what is the best route to winning, the underlying fact is that we want our team to win.

Alright, enough mushy stuff for one day. Phils 3.5 back of the Wild Card.

~Carson

6 comments:

GM-Carson said...

4 years of bliss I should add!

Talking Philly Sports said...

Hello,

Thanks for the comment on our philly sports talk now podcast blog, I would like to link the blogs! I will add a link to your blog over the week end, that is a good idea!

Rich

http://phillysportstalknow.blogspot.com

dane said...

Your post is right on the dot. I love watching Utley, Howard, Coste and all the young pitchers. I feel that this is a very exciting time to be a Phillies fan

GM-Carson said...

As much bad stuff that has happened this season, we should feel truly blessed to be able to watch Chase Utley on a daily basis.

The Rev said...

What happened to you guys?

You were so pissed off before, now it's all lovey dovey.

I actually like the lovey dovey stuff better. It's weird.

GM-Carson said...

Oh, I can still get pissed off, but the times call for a "lovey dovey" tone.