Sunday, August 06, 2006

Random Acts of Otis

Before Otis Nixon (seen below in a 2004 mugshot)was getting high on crack, getting naked, and threatening women with knives, he was getting high on crack and threatening left-handed Mormon relief pitchers with kung-fu kicks.

This photo is of Otis Nixon charging Phillies pitcher Wally Ritchie after he was hit by a Ritchie fastball in a 1991 game.

I think the Phillies need a good brawl or two, to get them fired up, or just for pure entertainment. They are carrying 13 pitchers, they can afford to lose one for a few games. They need to pick out a hot-head on an opposing team that likely would charge the mound, maybe a guy who might be coked-out, and bean him. And I want Rick White to do the beaning, because if he gets his ass kicked, I wouldn't really care.

On a side note, Wally Ritchie pitched for 4 years with the Phils, and had a lifetime ERA of 3.14. Then he got released and never made the majors again. Solid years on some pretty bad Phillies teams, Big Wally deserves some props.

Corey

10 comments:

Whelkman said...

Genius plan for Rick White, except that lardass might actually win a fight. I'd love to see him bean consecutive batters in a hopeless game—one after another until the opposing team just can't take it anymore.

dane said...

the phillies might be better off with rick white suspended for a few games

GM-Carson said...

The notion of a brawl, is the exact reason we SHOULD be GM's, because if so, we could mandate that Manuel go Guillen-esque on a pitcher and demand beanings. That player would certainly be Rick White. Not only would a brawl fire this team up, but it's some of the best stuff in baseball. Would have been great to see a war against the Mets last night...I hate them so very much!

~Carson

BloodStripes said...

The man for the job has to be Rick White. It may take a few pitches but he will eventually locate the spot.

BloodStripes said...

Rick white pitched a great inning today. Lets fire him up some more.

GM-Carson said...

I think White-boy could mess someone up if he got them in a headlock (a la Nolan Ryan) and then scuffed them up with that utterly awesome goatee!

BloodStripes said...

White scored the win today. I'm inspired I'm gonna grow a beard.

GM-Carson said...

BloodStripes- have ya beat, I'm already 1 week into my beard!

aimskidoodles said...

Just so you know, Wally was told by his coach to hit Otis. Wally ended up with broken ribs and injuries that lasted years. He still has cleat mark scars across his stomach. By the way, I am Wally's sister, I just googled him for fun.

P.S. I love a good baseball fight, just not when my brother is on the bottom of the pile.

Keith86 said...

I'm reading this for the first time. I remember that incident. Wally didn't actually hit Nixon, it was inside and hit the ground near his feet. Nixon should have been charged with aggravated assault and jailed. Ritchie was never the same pitcher after that.