Saturday, August 19, 2006

Danger!

As Phillies fans we should be used to getting our hearts broken. Hell, if I had to write a love song, its title would be Breakin' My Heart 162 Times a Year. Right now many of us see the NL Wild Card right before our eyes for the taking, but it almost seems like the Phils don't want to seize the opportunity...rather tease. There are dangerous times ahead my friends during the next few weeks. Phils will stay within pissing distance of the Wild Card to piss it all away in the end. I don't mean to set a melancholy mood, because not all is lost. There still is a glimmer of hope, but it's quickly fading with every passing game/opportunity.

Ok, now that everyone is thoroughly depressed, I want to lift some spirits. I found this picture of a Phillies Mr. Potatohead. The coolest thing about it is its diversity. I had no idea the amount of culturally/ethnic diversity in the Spud Kingdom. Ruben Amaro Jr. would do well to take some sensitivity training from toy makers at Matel.

~Carson

7 comments:

BloodStripes said...

I showed my kids Mr Potato head. They loved it. "can we get one dad, can we get one". LOL.

BloodStripes said...

Then............my wife sees it and says "thats awesome can you by it? The kids would love it!" Haha. Incredible.

GM-Carson said...

huh, kind of surprised your kids or your wife wouldn't want a gorzelanny...

corey

GM-Carson said...

BloodStripes- you're gonna have to Ebay the Mr. Potatohead...good luck with that one! Maybe you can find an Australian one with a boomerang since they're trying to be diverse!

BloodStripes said...

i remember Mr potatohead being on TV when I was a little tacker. I'm 36 so thats a while back. Maybe the kids will settle for a Phillie Phanatic doll. They always like to see him. My daughter is 3 and my son is 1 1/2, so they'll go for anything with a wierd head.

GM-Carson said...

Kevin Mench of the Brewers has a weird head...think your kids would play with him?

BloodStripes said...

LOL....sure, send him over