Saturday, July 29, 2006

Somewhere over the rainbow


Milwaukee thank you for ridding me of David Bell's greasy, H-Mo hairstyle and horrific play for the remainder of this season. At the end of Bell's rainbow is an I.O.U. to the 4 years he depraved me of spirit from the hot corner and his lover Lance Bass. Brewers- consider this your payback for derailing the Phillies season. Remember way back when to mid-May following the Phillies amazing, almost dream-like, 13 out of 14 streak...I do. Well, following that scorching streak of lucky baseball came a series in the Brewery Capital of America, and the Phillies managed to lose games to the Brewers in the late innings and I went on record as to saying, "this kills the morale of a team and certainly does not bode well for the rest of the season". And that is how I got my other alias of Drama Queen, because other bloggers with far superior intelligence to mine said that I was being overly pessimistic and a downer, and couldn't see that this squad has what it takes to compete for the entire season. Well dumbasses, looks like I was right...yet again!!!

Anyway, now with Bell gone "No Hit" Nunez moves into starting at 3rd...yuck! This is not permanent in my estimation. The Phillies have plenty of more moves to make before Monday's trade deadline and hopefully Gillick will do so. Lidle is 99.9% gone. I'm hoping my boy Scales gets called up from Scranton to man 3rd. Or I'd be happy with Ruiz coming up to catch and Coste-to-Coste playing 3rd. Thurston also deserves a call up to be backup middle infielder down the stretch run of the season.

Buccos droppings:
*The Pirates have yet to make a move but will. I'm hoping Littlefield does the right thing and only trades people that he should and needs to. Roberto Hernandez is getting a lot of interest and should be shopped for the best package. Randa should just be given away. I still think with some intelligent trades and offseason moves that the Buccos can be a vastly improved team next year, which shouldn't be hard considering their current record.

By the way, does anybody else wonder why the Phillies are asking so much for Bobby Abreu? I used to like him, and still do in a way, but his skills are obviously diminishing rapidly, almost game to game. So, deal him to any taker and hope they eat his salary and you can get something in return. Really, there comes a time when on base percentage becomes over rated and that time is now!!!

Also- to all those baseball knowledge gods that claimed Brett Myers wouldn't be able to succeed again in Philly and were demanding his trade from the club...once again dumbasses! After a while it has to suck to be wrong a lot of the time.

~Carson

3 comments:

GM-Carson said...

bell finished his career in philadelphia with an 0-4 night, and a finishing stretch of 1-15. i wouldn't have expected anything different. good riddance.

corey

GM-Carson said...

I don't know if people quite understand how much I loathe David Bell. I don't care how he is as a teem mate or if he's a nice person. All I know is that I've suffered for 3.5 season of than fruitcake!

~Carson

GM-Carson said...

Holy crapolla, I can't believe what I just read on another blog. "I will miss David Bell because he always gave 110%, was gutsy, and played the game the way it was meant to be played". Are you fricken serious?!?!?!

First off, there is no such thing as 110% may I add, because there is no extra credit in MLB and no player can give more than 100% of themselves unless they are a Siamese twin and tap into that resource. Secondly, playing the game the right way and being gutsy doesn't make you good. Hell, give me a contract and I'll work my ass off every day, but it would chance the fact that I would suck and be unproductive, just like our H-Mo David Bell!

~Carson