Monday, July 17, 2006

San Francisco Still Sucks

I have a good friend currently holed-up in Fresno that is a lifelong No-Cal guy, so Downer, my apologies...

But seriously, San Francisco sports fans [pictured to the right]have to be the biggest set of tools ever.

I've written about this earlier: first on their reaction to Bonds on opening day and then on their ongoing defense of Barroid. However, their egregious behavior this weekend takes the (fruit)cake.

Brett Myers returned to the mound for the first time since his "personal leave." Everybody was waiting to see how bad the reaction would be from SF fans. Boos? Signs? Heckling?....Nope. Total indifference. I know SanFranners might not understand the concept of "man-woman marriage," but they should understand big person beats up little person, and they should want to show their displeasure with that. Even if they don't have a huge problem with it morally, their respect for ballpark heckling and the hate for the opposing team should caused some sort of reaction.

Now, I understand I come from the boo-happy east coast (I was among a table of east-coasters that booed the best man at a No-Cal wedding...again, Downer, my apologies...) but we aren't talking routine booing here. This was SF's chance to really shine...and they blew it. They let real SF fans down. They let Philly down. I think they even let Uncle Charlie Manuel down, he said he expected "a harsher reaction." We all did Uncle Charlie. And those rice-a-roni eating fairies dropped the ball...

Corey

4 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I'm glad Myers is back, and that he pitched a good game, as I have him on 2 fantasy teams. As like you, I am completely ashamed at S.F.'s lack of "the boo". I mean come on people, sack up and let the enemy have it!

~Carson

BenJah said...

the problem is that they don't drink enough. no self-respecting east coast fan would go to a ball game w/out a good boo-ready buzz. no-cal stoners are too mellow to fulfill their fan-ly obligations.

GM-Carson said...

agreed.

corey

Chris said...

Personally I don't boo but I really was surprised at the (lack of) reaction to Myers.