Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Informer


Stop, collaborate and listen,
Ice is back with a brand new...
Wait, my bad, I got the wrong whiteboy-gansta-wannabe. My theme today is that crazy Canadian-Jamaican reggae dude, Snow. Well, actually he was only Canadian, but dammit he could sling some lyrics like a hemped-up dreadhead. And by the way, what's up with these aliases like Snow and Vanilla Ice for white rappers? Like we can't see and hear that they're not of the African persuasion. But for blogging purposes today, I am the informer, and I'm here to inform you that the much needed All-Star break is coming. My partner in crime just started his residency and is working hellashish hours, so although he'll TiVo the games, he'll still be too tired to watch. Myself, well I'm just sick of saying the same thing over and over again about the Phillies and the Pirates, and am personally thankful that a reprieve is coming. The 1st half of the season has been down-right dismal for the Phils and Buccos, but there are some positives. And for a change of pace, I'm going to inform you of those positives.

Good $hit!:
*Jason Bay is proving to be a great all-around outfielder, and was rewarded by fans by being voted to start the All-Star game...congrats!
*Ronny Paulino is solid both offensively and defensively...and he's a catcher!
*Ryan Howard is a mammoth, but not wholly?!
*Chase Utley is proving to be a great 2nd baseman, and as too was rewarded by the fans for a starting nod on the NL All-Star squad.
*Flash Gordon is good. Old, but good, and on the Phillies staff I'd take Satchel Paige.
*Freddy Sanchez came out of nowhere! I truly hope he continues this into the 2nd half of the season and doesn't fade.
*Sean Casey is a good guy. He's not terrific or anything, but I can see why Cincy was so enamored with him.
*David Bell is the best 3rd baseman in baseball barely beating out another generation linked stud in Aaron Boone. (I was just checking if you were reading, I hate Bell!)

~Carson

2 comments:

pfesfan said...

Oh I was reading... Bell is far from the best second baseman. haha. Rowand is making a case for best CF, he continues to win the hearts of the fans, despite being a slightly above average player. But who am I kidding, I love the guy too. A true Philly athlete

Mangum said...

Oh I was reading... Bell is far from the best second baseman. haha. Rowand is making a case for best CF, he continues to win the hearts of the fans, despite being a slightly above average player. But who am I kidding, I love the guy too. A true Philly athlete