Sunday, June 25, 2006

Told You So!


I'm getting up on my soap box and telling everyone to kiss my booty! That's right, I was labeled a "downer", "drama queen", accused of throwing in the towel, told I was wrong on multiple occasions, and pretty much completely blasted on BeerLeaguer for expressing my thoughts about the state of Phillies baseball. Turned out I was dead on about Gavin Floyd...he sucks. I was absolutely without a doubt correct about Charlie Manuel...he is a bumbling moron that cannot manage a MLB team. I was right about Lidle, Lieber, J-Roll, Lieberthal, Bell, Nunez, Alex Gonzalez, the bullpen, your mom, about global warming, weapons of mass destruction in the Mddle East, and the fact that Chris Wheeler's testicles are two sizes too small! I was right about most things...you all suck! To those of you that did agree with me at the time I first made my comments, this rant is not directed to you, rather those dumbasses that only flip-flop their opinions when it's obvious they need to.

~Carson

7 comments:

Whelkman said...

For such a statistics-laden sport, baseball's followers by in large do not seem to grasp that past performance is a reliable indicator for future performance. All of this positive, hopeful talk flies in the face of numbers that were troubling before the season started. Sure, once in an every great while a team of scrubs has fantastic success. A straight flush also beats four of a kind, but it happens so rarely that such events aren't worth discussing. Winning teams don't throttle between .200 and .800 streaks; they play consistently all year.

While looking over the team during spring training, I thought they'd be lucky to finish a game or two over five hundred and two or three out of the wildcard. In other words, hoping for the status quo is as optimistic as I ever got. Even the most optimistic recognized the dire pitching situation but naively thought that the Phils could out power the opposition, but that discounts the psychological effects of necessarily coming back from 6-0 in the first two innings EVERY SINGLE GAME!

Even the Phils' power is overrated. Howard may be the next Ortiz, sure, but the ever-struggling Burrell will be lucky to meet the 40 HR, 100 RBI mark. I'm surprised his current numbers are as good as they are. The rest of the team is full of wannabe sluggers. Bell and Rollins might hit 20 out of the park between the two of them. Abreu's only 30+ season was half a decade ago. Every one of these guys plays like they're ten years older than they are.

This series against the Red Sox showed the Phils' weaknesses to me more than any other. Boston's lineup is one devastating hitter after another, while the Phils have, generously, four guys to worry about. Sorry, Phans, but four decent players and single-A quality pitching doesn't make for a championship team.

GM-Carson said...

a-freaking-men. very well put whelkman.

so there are some realists out there. glad to see it.

corey

GM-Carson said...

Whelkman, thank you!!! Because of you I blog! Nice to know not every Phillies fan out there is deaf, dumb, and blind.

~Carson

The Rev said...

You know, when it comes to the Phillies, you guys are like George W Bush. There's only your opinion and screw everyone else's.

Then again, I will admit that I have lost all optimism this year after the last two weeks. No playoffs this year for us. Not even a wild card.

Whelkman said...

There are no opinions here. The Phillies objectively suck.

GM-Carson said...

Smokin Steve, thanks for always coming to this site, and by all means, thanks for posting. But I do have to say that it's not that I am always right in my opinion about the Phillies, just happens other people are wrong.

GM-Carson said...

speaking of the president, i wish pat gillick would go george w. on this roster - blow it up and start over!!!!