Friday, June 16, 2006
Because We Should Be GM's...
Changes in no particular order:
1. Fire Manuel. The man is not smart. May be a great person, but nice guys don't win championships! He's an idiot when it comes to managing, and his "handling" of players is obviously overrated.
2. Cut ties with Nunez. The man has appeared in 44 games with 73 at bats, and has only produced 4 runs scored and 1 rbi...no way does he belong on this team! About anyone could produce those #'s.
3. Start calling up "prospects" and getting them experience. Hamels is here and should keep learning. Mathieson is coming Saturday and will benefit from the experience. Gio Gonzalez and Haigwood should be summoned soon too.
4. Madson to bullpen forever! Weitzel put it best...just doesn't have the pitches for a starter.
5. Trade Floyd while on "hot streak" in Scranton.
6. Start trading bullpen arms for prospects. Cormier, Fultz, Rhodes, could all land some decent prospects for coming seasons.
7. See what Abreu or Burrell could bring us in a trade.
8. Work my ass off to get rid of Bell. In my opinion he is the poster child for what the Phillies are...CRAP! I can't stand Bell's wussy popups to infielders, lollipop throws to 1st, or that gay hop he does while fielding grounders!!!
9. Ryan Franklin- make him the club ace and watch him go on to win 10 in the 2nd half of the season...hahaha, just checking if you were reading.
10. Bat Abreu leadoff and drop Rollins in the order. Abreu just is not a power hitter anymore, in fact Rollins has 9 homeruns compared to Abreu's 8.
11. Speaking of Rollins, make his ass do pushups for every time he pops up, ala Willie Mays Hayes style from the movie Major League.
12. Get rid of the Phillie Phanactic as the team mascot and ask Warner Bro. permission to use Wile E. Coyote for the rest of this $hitty season!