Saturday, June 03, 2006

Back in the day...


Some days, I sit and wish I were a kid again. That has to be what Gavin Floyd's thinking these days. Not so long ago he was a top-notch prospect and heralded by baseball aficionados. He was livin' large in the minors, scoffing at the lesser beings surrounding him. Now he is on MLB version of death row. He has be given his shot, a prolonged one at that, and completely failed. I personally do not want to see the Headcase Known as Gavin Floyd back with the Phillies until he pitches lights out for Scranton...so basically I'm saying I never want to see him pitch for the Phillies again, because I have ZERO confidence that he'll put numbers anywhere close to respectable in Triple AAA.

Carson's prediction for Floyd's next 10 starts at Scranton: 2-6 record, 53 ip, 26 bb, 28 k, 5.75 era, 1.75 whip. In laymen's terms: washed up prospect!

Corey's prediction: 4-3, 4.44 era, 1.54whip, 42k, 32bb [basically, this isn't going to get solved in the next ten games.]

6 comments:

MRL said...

The two pitchers that are a big mess are the two F's-Floyd and Franklin. They need to send these guys to AAA or AA and get them to shape up before sending them to the bigs again. I haven't a clue if either one of them will have a career late on-and they might improve after a few years before being sent back to the bigs again.

I guess it's all just wait and see!

GM-Carson said...

if i saw gavin floyd right now, i would hand him beer, sing him the theme song to cheers, and tell him to get a haircut...

corey

GM-Carson said...

If I saw Gavin Floyd right now, I would hand him a pen. Then when he went to put his signature on something I would say, "No, to stab yourself with!"

Ok, that was too mean, but you get the point...I can't stand Floyd!

~Carson

MRL said...

Carson that's just so wrong (asking Floyd to stab himself with a pen); he's back at AAA-chill out. I would buy him a drink and tell him that it was a nice try kid; pratice and perhaps you'll come back. ::shrug::

GM-Carson said...

That is my cynical/negative/sarcastic self coming through with the stabbing comment. I don't really wish that upon Floyd, I just want him banished forever! With that said, if he ever does figure it out, because he is only 23, then by all means welcome back to Philly!

~Carson

GM-Carson said...

Well Floyd pitched a helluva game for Scranton last night...hopefully he continues to prove me wrong. That way the Phillies can trade him for something. I doubt he ever will become anything worth-while in Philly, in fact the only success he might experience in Philly is by pitching against them.

~Carson