Saturday, May 27, 2006

Here I go again...


to Citizen's Bank Park. I'm excited to go because it will be my father-in-law's first trip to the CIT, and he's a life-long Phillies fan. However, I'm not counting on a win due to the fact that Floyd is pitching and the team is playing sh*tty over the past 2 weeks. This season is unraveling like Weezer's sweater before my eyes.

I actually do have some positives to report: Rowand is off the DL today, and although I strongly doubt that means the Phillies' fortunes will turn around automatically, it at least rids us of Roberson. The next positive I can't believe I'm about to type, but Lieberthal is coming back off the DL early next week too. Fasano and Ruiz actually managed to hits less than Lieby during his absence, although Ruiz did play nice defensively.

Now, this blog wouldn't be complete without a daily complaint about our bumbling manager Charlie Manuel. Charlie's strategies are things of beauty. Really they are, he's got the craft of managing down to a science. Too bad his science project blew up and he failed the 6th grade 2 times!!! Here's one of those nuggets of joys Manuel uses as a strategy: removing Burrell from the game in the 8th or 9th inning for a pinch runner anytime he gets on base. Yes, Burrell is slower than a paraplegic with brake locks on, but his bat is where his value is. This move has come back to haunt the Phillies a few times already this year, and last night and the 16 inning game being prime examples. Roberson has logged 4 important at bats in those 2 extra inning games instead of Burrell. Now, I have no idea if Burrell would have produced or not, but one would think his chances are better than Roberson's. By the way, there is a reason the team desperately searched for an extra outfielder (Dellucci), it's because Roberson can't hit!

~Carson

p.s. Does anybody else miss the days of Whitesnake?

3 comments:

MRL said...

Aw, lucky you, but I'm going to the game on Sunday and then another on Wed against the Nationals. Have a good time at CBP! Tell us all about it when you get back.

GM-Carson said...

Screw the Phillies! Getting to the point...they SUCK!

I still had a good time with the fam though. I'll blog about it on Monday most likely.

GM-Carson said...

back in the country!!! carson, please blog about thursday through today because i have no clue about what went on, i've been without even a newspaper. can't wait the read about it...

corey